Exercising in Quarantine

  
     I've been working for a while on the next post in the Areas of Fitness series, which is about muscular fitness. I intended to include videos of my favorite exercises for each muscle group. Well, I've procrastinated too long, because now the gym is closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Therefore, I don't have the necessary equipment for my strength building exercises. But I thought I could share with you how I am continuing to address my muscular fitness, while the gym is closed.
   With the closing of the gym, I immediately thought of Freeletics. About four years ago, I did six weeks with the Freeletics Coach, and I was very happy with my improvements in fitness. Freeletics is a free app that provides workouts using your own bodyweight. You can easily do them from home. I do them on a yoga mat in our one bedroom apartment. Most of the workouts take less than 30 minutes. You can search workouts based on your current fitness level: beginner, intermediate, or advanced, and also the area you want to exercise: core, lower body, or upper body. Some of the workouts use a pull-up bar, but if you do not have access to one, you can select no-equipment in your search. Most of the exercises focus on muscular endurance and will also get your heart rate up. I find them to be challenging enough to make you feel accomplished, but not too challenging to be defeating.  If you want a more tailored routine designed for your fitness level and goals, you can pay for a subscription to the Coach.
     Remember, exercise boosts our immune system. By exercising, we can stay healthier and more easily recover if we do get sick. Keep exercising while you are feeling well! If you are sick, however, remember to give your body rest. Physical activity is also beneficial for our mental health during this time of high stress. Enjoy reading a good book and watching your favorite shows on your favorite streaming service, but also take the time to do some physical activity. If you happen to join Freeletics, give me a follow and we can keep each other motivated during this time of social distancing!

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Horse and Human. Blog Templates Designed by OddThemes - Bloggertemplates4u